We use modern biochemical and biophysical methods to study the structures, interactions and biological functions of biomedically important RNA and protein molecules. Current topics include mechanisms of bacterial antibiotic resistance that arise through ribosomal RNA modification and non-coding RNA-mediated pathogen evasion of host cell innate immune responses.
Interested in joining the Conn Lab? We currently have an opening for a Postdoctoral fellow with experience in protein biochemistry and/ or X-ray crystallography (see here for details).
Our research is currently funded by NIH/NIAID grant R01-AI088025.
Congratulations to Emily Kuiper who defended her PhD thesis in July 2016! Emily is pictured below with former Graduate Division Director Dr. Keith Wilkinson receiving her award for the BCDB Graduate Program Scholar of the Year for 2015.
Congratulations to Brenda Calderon who received a 3-year Achievement Reward for College Students (ARCS) Award in August 2015. Brenda (right) is pictured at a recent ARCS Foundation event with her sponsor Mrs. Jane Dolinger.
- July 2016, New Award: Graduate student Sam Schwartz is appointed to the BCDB Program’s NIH T32 training grant. Congrats Sam!
- July 2016, Thesis Defense: BCDB graduate student Emily Kuiper successfully defended her PhD thesis. Congratulations Dr. Kuiper!
- July 2016, New Publication: Graeme’s paper with BCDB faculty colleagues describing the Program’s scientific writing course is published in Traffic!
- September 2016, New Lab Member: BCDB student Becca Giuntoli joins the lab for one of her BCDB Program rotations. Welcome Becca!
- November 2016, New Lab Member: BCDB student Zane Laughlin joins the lab for one of his BCDB Program rotations. Welcome Zane!
- November 2016, Thesis Defense: MMG graduate student Kellie Vinal successfully defended her PhD thesis. Congratulations Dr. Vinal!
- December 2016, Moving On: Dr. Emily Kuiper leaves the lab to start her postdoctoral fellowship with Dr. Wayne A. Marasco’s group at the Dana Farber Cancer Institute. Good luck Emily!