Department of Biochemistry
Emory University School of Medicine
4162 Rollins Research Center 1510 Clifton Rd.
Atlanta, Georgia 30322
- B.S. University of South Carolina, Aiken, SC (Biology)
- Ph.D. Medical University of South Carolina (Molecular Biology/Biochemistry).
- 2000-2001: Dr. Donald Burke. Chemistry, Indiana University - Invivo screening RNA optamers against HIV-1 reverse transcriptase.
- 2001-2003: Dr. John Foley, Medical Sciences, Indiana University - Studying PTHP's role in metastasis in breast cancer.
Dr. David Pallas, Biochemistry, Emory University School of Medicine - Studying
structure/function of striatin and its interaction with estrogen receptors.
- Analysis of straitin : estrogen receptor interaction.
- Structure/function studies of striatin.
- Effects of polyomavirus small T and middle T antigens on the function of straitin.
CA, Gordon J, and Spicer EC "Backeriophage T4 RegA Protein Binds RNA as a
Monomer Overcoming Dimer Interactions." NAR (1996) 24(21): 4319-4326.
J, Sengupta T, Phillips CA, O'Malley S, Williams KR, and Spicer EK, "Identification
of the RNA Bind Domain of T4 RegA Protein by Structure-based Mutagenesis."
JBC (1999). 274: 32265-32273.
- Sengupta T, Gordon J, and Spicer
ER, "RegA Proteins from Phage T4 and R869 Have Conserved Helix-Loop-Groore-RNA-binding
Motifs by Different RNA-Binding-Specificities." NAR (204) 29(5): 1175-1184.
- 2003-Present FIRST fellowship